Core Values express the heart of our identity as members of the First Baptist Church of Williams. They speak about our heritage and help us understand what we wish always to be as a church under God’s leadership.
1. We value our relationship with Jesus Christ, who is the head of our church, the clearest revelation of God, and the cornerstone of our faith.
2. We value the Bible as the inspired word of God, and we look to the Bible as the foundation of our faith and practice.
3. We value the traditions of our Baptist heritage, including believer’s baptism, the autonomy of the local church, the priesthood of the believer, the freedom of religion, and the right to interpret scripture under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
4. We value unity in Christ, the spirit of Christian fellowship, and the caring friendships among our church family.
5. We value the equality of all persons in the church believing God can use both men and women of all ages for God’s Kingdom work.
6. We value being a missions-minded church whose primary mission partnership is with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
7. We value worship and prayer that honor God and inspire our congregation to grow closer to God.
8. We value being a community church that is open and willing to serve our neighbors.
9. We value making genuine disciples who follow the example of Christ.
10. We value leaders who are called by God, who demonstrate passion in their faith, and who are responsive to God’s vision for our church.
11. We value sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with others as a way of life.
12. We value generosity as a principal characteristic of our commitment to God.